Medical ServicesAs a diverse team of skilled medical professionals with broad experience in many different areas, we are pleased to offer a wide range of specialised primary care services to our patients.
We're focused on providing your family with personalised, professional, quality healthcare.
Family medicine is creating a lifetime health and medical relationship with patients and their families.
Family physicians integrate the biological, clinical and behavioral sciences to provide continuing and comprehensive health care. Family medicine encompasses all ages, sexes, each organ system and every disease entity.
Our clinics supply doctors who take a special interest in family medicine and can help you with General Medicine, Family Care, Family Planning, and all aspects of keeping you and your family safe and healthy.
Highly skilled GPs / Doctors are available to care for you and your family at all of our clinics.
Seeing your doctor for regular medical check-ups to helps you stay healthy and is an important part of disease prevention. We offer a range of men’s health consultations including:
- Blood pressure
- Diabetes risk assessment
- Heart health checks
- Mental health
- Prostate cancer screening
We have a number of Doctors who offer a range of women’s health consultations including:
- Breast examinations
- Eating disorders
- Family planning
- Fertility advice
- Mental health issues
- Pregnancy care
- Post pregnancy care
- Pap smears
- Skin cancer checks
- Weight management
We understand that children may have a natural apprehension about a visit to the doctor, especially when they are ill.
All our doctors provide childhood healthcare services and work with their young patients and their families to provide a calm and safe environment.
From newborn to school age, we provide a range of services including:
- Asthma diagnosis and management
- Childhood obesity
- Growth and development checks
- Mental health support
Pre-employment health checks
Medical Assessments are carried out to ensure an employee is fit to work in a specific environment, can fulfil the requirements of a role, can travel overseas and to protect them from potentially harmful work environments
- Blood pressure
- Height and weight
- Peripheral vision
- Oral and ear
- Nervous system
- Basic musculoskeletal.
Chronic Disease Management
As part of our commitment to the health of our local community, we can provide management plans to patients who suffer with a chronic medical condition. A chronic medical condition is one that has been present for at least six months or longer, such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Stroke GP Management Plans are designed for patients who have complex conditions that require ongoing care, and a structured approach. Your GP will determine if a plan is appropriate for you. We offer care plans to all eligible patients who suffer from a chronic illness with little or no cost to the patient. Patients are asked to book an appointment with their GP first to determine if they are eligible, and then an appointment will be made with the Practice Nurse who will complete the care plan.
Diabetes Risk Assessment
As part of our commitment to the health of our local community, we can provide Type 2 Diabetes Assessments to patients who feel they may be at risk.
Type 2 Diabetes is one of the largest contributors to the ill health in Australia, and type 2 diabetes accounts for 92% of diabetes cases. Diabetes is associated with a number of complications, including an increased risk of developing cardiovascular, eye and kidney disease. The incidence of Type 2 Diabetes has more than doubled in the last 15 years. The onset of Type 2 Diabetes is largely associated with lifestyle risk factors, particularly overweight and obesity, physical inactivity and poor diet.
Type 2 diabetes can be prevented through lifestyle modification. International evidence has shown that early lifestyle interventions in high risk patients can reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes by up to 58%. If you would like to ascertain your risk of Type 2 Diabetes we recommend you have a diabetes evaluation at our practice.
The evaluations, known as an Annual Diabetic Cycle of Care Plan and a Six Monthly Review of Care Plan, will take place with the assistance of our chronic disease nurse and will be finalised with a standard doctor’s consultation. The evaluations will involve:
- Assessment of lifestyle risk factors
- Body Mass Index measurement, blood pressure and general physical exam
- Family history and dietary review If you feel you may be at risk of diabetes, please call reception to arrange a thorough evaluation.
Skin Cancer Checks
A skin cancer checkup assesses your skin cancer risk and indicates any current skin problems of concern.
We have doctors with specialised training in the assessment and management of skin cancer.
Skin cancer occurs when skin cells are damaged, for example, by overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. In Australia the incidence of skin cancer is one of the highest in the world, two to three times the rates in Canada, the US and the UK.
A skin cancer checkup assesses your skin cancer risk and indicates any current skin problems of concern. The checkup includes taking your medical history, including previous sun UV exposure, as well as undertaking a detailed examination of your skin.
Whether travelling for business or for pleasure our clinic can provide you and your family with a full range of travel medicine services including:
- A full suite of immunisations, including Q-fever, Hep A and B, Tetanus and many more
- First aid kits
- Medical advice Our team of travel health doctors and nurses can advise you and your family of the medical requirements for your intended destination and ensure that you are aware of any potential medical risks in that location.
They can also advise you on the regulations regarding travelling with medications and ensure that everyone has the required medical and vaccination documentation that may be required by customs officials at their destination.
An annual health assessment will identify ways that you can improve your health and well being. It will help you by advising you
on how you can maintain your independence at home and in your community.
An annual health assessment will identify ways that you can improve your health and well being. It will help you by advising you on how you can maintain your independence at home and in your community. Our friendly and professional nurse will visit you in your home to undertake a comprehensive and confidential health check. This yearly health check will cover:
- A thorough assessment of your health and well being
- A measurement of your blood pressure, pulse rate and heart rhythm
- A review of your medications
- A discussion about your social supports
- Any healthcare concerns or other needs that you may have Our nurse will work closely with you and your General Practitioner to co-ordinate any necessary follow up consultations or supports to help you manage your health in the future. As health assessments are government funded, the service will be bulk billed and provided to you at no cost. Speak to our practice manager or your doctor today to see if a health assessment is right for you and to make a booking.
Occupational Health Services
Our occupational health services assist your workforce in the areas of work injury prevention, work injury management & workplace health promotion, we can provide a range of occupational health services including:
- pre-employment medicals
- drug and alcohol screening
- injury management
- functional capacity evaluations Our general practitioners provide injury management support to the employee, employer and return-to-work coordinators where required. Providing same-day appointments for initial injury assessment, our doctors aim is to provide a thorough healthcare plan that will allow the injured worker back to work quickly.
We provide a comprehensive approach to the healthcare of an injured employee, reducing loss-time injury cases. Immunisations, including Influenza Vaccines, are also available for workers to assist with reducing sick leave absence in your workforce.